Friday, July 16, 2010

Lily's Hair

Since the day Lily was born, people have always commented on her hair. While many babies are born bald, she was born with a whole head full, sticking straight up in a million directions. Being a big-haired woman myself, I loved the fact that I'd have a little girl who could wear bows and pigtails before she was three...

The problem is, Lily doesn't like bows or pigtails...

Well, perhaps I should rephrase that--Lily loves to eat bows and pony-tail holders--she just doesn't like them in her hair. So, we've reached a conundrum. It's summer and it is HOT--and Lily's poor little head is just as warm. She also hates when the wind blows her hair in her face and she can't see--but she won't let me put her hair up and out of her way.

My little big haired girl
I don't want to cut her hair. There is something sentimental about knowing that she still has the same hair on her head that she had the day she was born...but I also don't want her to be uncomfortable. Brian feels the same way--he even suggested that maybe it was time.


What do you all think? Should we--eek--cut it? Or should I keep battling her until she submits to pigtails and pretty bows?

2 comments:

JennRawks said...

my daughters have crazy hair. one has curly curls and the other is poker straight and thin as can be. i say keep truckin. buy those really small elastic bands (super small) they come in like a pack of 1000!! they are super hard for kids to get out and they give up! that's what works around here for the anti hair bow girls. im in mid process of letting bangs grow out and hair is ALWAYS in her eyes. I just band them all together flat on the top of her head. styled in 2 minutes and she runs off! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I have started using the tiny elastic ones lately--they definitely hold up better than the others. She's just REALLY good at pulling pony tails out!! :) But I think it might be worth the battle...and hopefully a good lesson for her!