Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Body Love ♥

So, today, I did something that I have been putting off for at least the last 18 months. I kept putting it off, thinking, "I should just keep them around. You know, for that magical day I finally shed this baby weight..."

I cleaned out my pre-baby wardrobe.

Because, I have to face it. I don't look like that ^ anymore...not to mention, I probably won't need to wear such teeny-bopper clothing anymore (or, at least, I tell myself this to feel a little better).

Seriously, though, I have finally reached the conclusion that after 9 months of baby-carrying, I will most likely not be going back to my size three body.
So, I finally did it. I threw all the clothes onto the floor and stuffed them in a bag for Goodwill. (By the way, if you are a junior's size small, you might want to go to Goodwill, as they will be getting A LOT of good stuff soon).

I feel like I'm trapped in a funny in-between land---I don't know how to shop. I can wear a junior's size large or a Misses size small or medium, depending on the fit. In fact, I actually had to ask a friend of mine how Misses'and Women's sizes worked...I've never shopped in that department before! It is a struggle to find clothes that fit me and are not teenager or grandma. They need to create a department called Young Hip Mom...and then direct me to it.

For instance, right after I had Lily, I decided it was time to ditch the maternity jeans and go shopping for real pants. I cautiously went to the store, making the decision to shop in Misses', so that my new curves wouldn't feel so big. I bought a pair of jeans that looked okay in the dressing room and headed home.

The next day, I wore them, excited to wear something with an actual zipper and button. However, I looked down when I was sitting and realized something..."OMG...I'm wearing MOM jeans." The jeans went over my belly and had a really long zipper and extra material...

So, through trial and error, I've begun to gain a *new* wardrobe that seems somewhat young and appropriate for a mother. Not lying though...it hasn't been easy.Weight loss has been a slow struggle and I've had to come to the realization that having a baby, at least for me, means that my body is going to change (yeah, I so totally dislike you women who bounce right back into your pre-prego jeans...you're freaks of nature and I'm jealous).

However, I also began to realize that my body can still be beautiful--and so can I. And, what's even more important is that I know that my body has the amazing power to birth a wonderful human being and survive the aftermath that is parenting.

No comments: