Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Days!!

Hello all!

Much has happened in the short time that I last wrote--Lily is now 3 months old, as of May 4, and graduation has come and gone (thank goodness!!).

Lily is doing very well, still growing like a weed and getting happier by the day. Here are some of the milestones that she has reached in the last few months:

-She is now sleeping through the night (which we love)
-She is smiling lots and lots
-She is reaching and sometimes successfully grabbing toys
-She plays with a rattle
-Holds her head up when supported
-Sits up when propped up
-Carries on a "conversation"
-Lifts her head up all the way when on her tummy
-Sticks out her tongue and tries to razz
-She lap "stands"
-And many other things that are currently escaping my mind!!
Here are some adorable pictures of Lily on her 3-month birthday:

Smiling for Mommy in the morning :)
Having SO much fun!!

Graduation and Ivy Day (the honors ceremony) took place on Friday and Saturday of this weekend. I am so glad to be done!!! At Ivy Day I was awarded with my "honors" medal for graduating Summa Cum Laude and also with an award for being an outstanding student in psychology, which was a great surprise!! All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and one that I am so happy to have over with :)
Here are some graduation day pictures:

Getting ready to accept my diploma!
With Mom and Dad after the ceremony

With my beautiful family after arriving home from a long weekend!
 My Grandma Cindy from Texas has also been here since Wednesday and got to see me walk across stage and meet Lily for the first time--I'm so happy that she was able to fly up here!!
What are my plans now? I'm am taking a break :) Brian will be off for the summer, so we are planning on having some much needed family togetherness. We will also be finishing our move (and hoping our house sells) and redecorating the new place--so I'm sure there will be much work involved :) Eventually, I plan on going back for my Master's degree, probably through Chadron State's Community Counseling program--probably in the Spring of 2010, although we'll see how the rest of this year goes first.
Hope everyone is doing well--and Happy Mother's Day for all the Mom's out there!

No comments: